Light up your world - safely!
Candles create the loveliest glow and fragrance in your home, however they can be dangerous. Please read the care guide which arrives with your candle and follow our simple burning tips to ensure you maximise the the life and scent of your candle. Please note our burn times are based on following these simple guidelines.
- Always trim the wick to 5mm before lighting - if the wick is too long your candle will smoke and burn too quickly - reducing the life of your candle. If your candle has more than one wick always light all wicks to ensure the wax burns evenly.
- Avoid lighting your candle and blowing out after very short periods. Allow the wax to melt out to the edge of the container before extinguishing - approx 3 hours is optimum. Short burning periods will result in your candle only burning down the centre, not outwards resulting in reduce burn times.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or within reach of children or pets.
- Allow your candle to burn evenly by placing on a level surface (avoid polished and precious surfaces), try and avoid drafts.
- Never burn a candle near anything flammable, keep away from curtains and soft furnishings particularly.
- Always place tealight candles in an appropriate container (used candle jars are perfect!).
- Never pour wax down sinks or drains it may cause a blockage.
- Candle containers can become very hot, protect surfaces and allow to cool before moving.
- Blow out gently to avoid dispersing liquid wax, never use water to extinguish your candle.